Treatment and Rehabilitation
In compliance with Sections 54 and 61, Article VIII, of Republic Act 9165 or the Program for Treatment and Rehabilitation of Drug Dependents, the DDB assists drug dependents and/or their families in the filing of petition for admission to a treatment and rehabilitation facility. Petitions may be applied for both voluntary or compulsory submission.
1. Drug Dependency Examination (DDE)
Drug dependents who apply for treatment and rehabilitation will be referred to any Department of Health (DOH) Accredited Doctor at the DOH-TRC Bicutan, Taguig City. If a drug dependent resides outside Metro Manila, they may coordinate with their Local Government Units (LGU) City Anti-Drug Abuse Council (CADAC) or in any DOH-Accredited Physician in their locality for assistance. (Click here to see the list of DOH-Accredited Physicians)
2. Police Clearance
3. Certificate of No Pending Case (Clearance) from the Regional Trial Court (RTC) and/or Municipal Trial Court (MTC).
a. If a minor drug dependent has a pending case, secure a Certification for suspension of proceeding from the RTC where the case was filed to give way to Treatment and Rehabilitation.
b. If an adult drug dependent, secure a Certification of Dismissed Case from RTC or MTC where the case was filed or Certificate that the proceeding is suspended if possible.
1. File an application and secure referral form and other requirements for Drug Dependency Examination (DDE).
2. Receive and evaluate documents. In case of compulsory confinement, the parent(s)/ spouse/ relative(s) shall execute a statement /affidavit providing information as to the drug taking habit of alleged drug dependent, the need for him/her to be submitted for treatment and rehabilitation and his/her refusal to voluntarily submit for treatment.
3. The petition for confinement will be prepared for filing with the court.